Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thoughts at the End of the Semester

Colossians 3:23-24 - "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."

These verses have been especially challenging this past week. Since Thanksgiving, I have really felt the weight of all that comes between me and the end of the semester. It's been convicting to see all the time that I've wasted this semester. Yes, it's important to make memories and have fun, but leaving work until the end of the semester is never a good idea and that is exactly what I've done. I have a lot of work to do that I've known about for a long time, and now I'm paying the price for that. But it's good to learn discipline and to remember that my work is not done for my professors, future employers, or even my future students. My work is done for the Lord, and that challenges me to work even harder than I would otherwise. This too is an act of worship if I choose to make it so. So I haven't been able to do all that I have wanted to do lately, and I haven't gotten as much sleep as I would like to, but I have had a great last few days. I'm overtired and do not have time for a lot of breaks, but the joy of the Lord is constant. I know that I am pleasing Him with my hard work, and no amount of sleep or fun could possibly be better than that. I have learned that receiving energy from the Lord is even better than getting as much sleep as I'd like or drinking caffeine. The Lord's strength is more than sufficient for all of my needs. He is so faithful to help me even when I haven't been faithful to work hard for His glory this semester. He is so good and so kind, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment