Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Lord Provides

Something that I have constantly been reminded of lately is the fact that God provides. Isaiah 58:11 says, "And the Lord will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones, and you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." These are just two of the passages where God says that He will provide everything we need. We can always rest assured that not only will He always be faithful to fulfill His promises, but He is also "able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20).

But this morning I was thinking of this and realized something else. One name for God that I remember learning about even back in early elementary school is Jehovah Jireh. This name translated means "the Lord provides". God is not our Provider because He provides, but He provides because He's our Provider-it's who He is. Excuse my lack of more profound words or in depth thoughts. This is just what I was thinking this morning as I got ready for church, and it was an encouragement to me so I thought I'd share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment