Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Valley of Vision - A Prayer of Confession and Petition

"Holy Lord, I have sinned times without number, and been guilty of pride and unbelief, of failure to find Thy mind in Thy Word, of neglect to see Thee in my daily life. My transgressions and short-comings present me with a list of accusations, but I bless Thee that they will not stand against me, for all have been laid on Christ. Go on to subdue my corruptions, and grant me grace to live above them. Let not the passions of the flesh nor lustings of the mind bring my spirit into subjection, but do Thou rule over me in liberty and power."

So thankful I found this. It was exactly what I needed to read this afternoon. So many other sins can stem from a "failure to find [His] mind in [His] Word" and "neglect to see [Him] in my daily life." So thankful for God's grace that is more abundant than sin (Rom 5:20). Also thankful that my sins "will not stand against me, for all have been laid on Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment