Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Truth

The last couple weeks have been full of ups and downs. Some really high "ups" and some really low "downs". It's also been pretty crazy with school, so I haven't gotten a lot of sleep. Lack of sleep = lower lows than necessary, at least for me. Meredith was gone all last week, so there was a lot to catch up on when we met today. After recounting the mess that has been my life as of late (though God has been SO good to me during this time), she told me something that I'd heard a long time ago but forgotten. She said,
God doesn't waste pain.
This was such a good reminder. None of the pain we experience is wasted. There is always truth to learn. There is always room for sanctification. There is always hope. Most of all, there is always room to grow in love for God. So I would encourage you all to remember this truth when you encounter your own trials. Look for ways to grow. Look to God for comfort so that when others have similar trials, you can comfort them with the same comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-5). Look for ways to glorify God through your trials. Learn to not be selfish and have pity parties (have definitely failed in these lately). God will take you through trials. Just remember to look to Him in the midst of them, and you will come out better off than you did going into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment