Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

My Hope is in The Lord

This song has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be raised in a hymn singin' church. Though we don't only exclusively sing hymns, I knew what a hymnal was from a very young age and held one in my hands every Sunday. This was always one of my favorites. I love that it lays out the full gospel. It was written by Norman Clayton and once you recognize what true hope is, the lyrics become that much richer.

My hope is in the Lord
Who gave Himself for me
And paid the price of all my sin at Calvary.

[Chorus]
For me, He died
For me, He lives
And everlasting life and light He freely gives.

No merit of my own
His anger to suppress
My only hope is found in Jesus' righteousness.

And now for me He stands
Before the Father's throne
He shows His wounded hands and names me as His own.

His grace has planned it all
'Tis mine but to receive
And recognize His work of love and Christ believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment