Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Struggles


The more I learn about myself, the more I see how sinful I am.
I struggle to be selfless.
I struggle to think often about God and things that are eternal.
I struggle to have only righteous anger.
I struggle to be content.
I struggle to be diligent and disciplined.
I struggle to focus on what matters and forget about what doesn't.
I struggle to not be passive aggressive.

The important thing, though, is to not just let myself struggle. I need to fight my sin. (Wisdom of Jake Ebner obtained second hand). Killing sin is part of dying to self - Paul even said "I die daily" (I Corinthians 15:31). The good news: we can have victory over our sin! And...though it is usually difficult, and it is often hard work to fight our sin nature, it's not a pointless fight. "The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." (I Corinthians 15:56-58).

No comments:

Post a Comment