Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Wait is Over!

In my last post (here), I talked about how I was waiting for something could happen, and my hands were pretty much tied until I got the news. Well, soon after posting it, I got my answer! I didn't want to say anything until I knew one way or the other, and until most of my friends knew, but I am living off campus with the wonderful Brooks family this semester. I didn't know for sure until 4 o'clock of move-in day, and felt helpless, because I didn't know whether I should move my stuff (from break) at the Brooks' to the dorm, or everything else from my dorm to the Brooks'. It was not a super pleasant feeling, and I learned that I do not like not having control. But you know what? I'm thankful for my wait. I am thankful that God gave me an opportunity to totally lean on Him, and trust that He had a plan. Until 4 o'clock that day, I did not know where I'd be sleeping that night. But I did know that God is good, and that either way He was in control, and either way I'd at least have somewhere to sleep. It's not until you're forced to trust Him that you see how much you actually do trust Him. It's like I talked about learning in class with Abner Chou a few months ago (here). Trials come, not because God wants to know where our hearts are (because He already knows), but to show us where we are. You can either let yourself grow anxious, fearful, angry, etc. when trials come, or you can choose to fight those and trust in the all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the universe. My advice is to place your trust in God, because it pleases Him, and only then will you find the peace and solace you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment