Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting

Right now I am waiting for information that affects the rest of this semester. I can't do anything until I get the call/email. It's been a difficult wait. I'm struggling with patience - I know God already has a plan and that whatever the outcome is will a) glorify Him and b) be best for me. But the not knowing...it's tough. I am leaning on my faith and trust in my sovereign Creator. And that's not such a bad place to be, at all. Be anxious is not going to help. As my wise dad said to me yesterday, uncertainty should not cause worry. So I'm doing my best not to worry, and trying to focus on trusting God. He is so good. Even in this time of waiting, I am thankful because I know that in the end I will come out more refined than before. Earlier I remembered that last semester I kept seeing quotes about waiting, and because I could not stop thinking about the subject, I wrote a blog post about it (on my other blog). The funny thing is when I wrote it, I wasn't thinking about waiting for anything in particular; I was only thinking about the general concept. And now that I have this wait I'm kind of struggling through, I can look back and see what I had written. It's funny looking through my own blog and finding strength and comfort in the words I find there. But that's just one of the cool ways God works! Here are the two quotes I put in that post in case you don't read the actual post.

...the deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able to honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done. - Elisabeth Elliot in Passion and Purity
Waiting on God isn't about the suspension of meaning and purpose. It's part of the meaning and purpose that God has brought into my life. Waiting on God isn't to be viewed as an obstruction in the way of the plan. Waiting is an essential part of the plan. For the child of God, waiting isn't simply about what I'll receive at the end of my wait. No, waiting is much more purposeful, efficient, and practical than that. Waiting is fundamentally about what I'll become as I wait. God is using the wait to do in and through me exactly what He's promised. Through the wait He's changing me. By means of the wait He's altering the fabric of my thoughts and desires. Through the wait He's causing me to see and experience new things about Him and His kingdom. And all of this sharpens me, enabling me to be a more useful tool in His redemptive hands. - Paul Tripp 


This song is currently on repeat:
"Behold our God
Seated on His throne
Come let us adore Him
Behold our King
Nothing can compare
Come let us adore Him"
-Behold Our God, Sovereign Grace Music

Sorry if any of this is mixed up or confusing, I'm trying to battle with my emotions at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment